To apply to the Doctor of Dental Surgery program, you must complete an online application form.
You have two paths for application to the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Toronto. You may choose to apply through one of the following online application systems:
- UTDAS (University of Toronto Dental Application Service) OR
- AADSAS (ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service)
Please select the APPLICATION SERVICE of your choice by following the application form links, available on our APPLICATION page.
In addition to the UTDAS online application form, the following documents must be received by the Admissions Office by the December 1st application deadline:
- Non-refundable application service fee of $ 275.00 CDN payable to the University of Toronto. Payment may be made by credit card, bank draft, or money order. Please note that we are unable to accept personal cheques or cash.
- Proof of citizenship (if applicable), i.e. Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status (photocopy only).
- Personal statement explaining why you want to pursue a dental career. Do not exceed two pages.
- Essay outlining what you consider to be your greatest accomplishment and the reasons you have chosen to highlight it. Do not exceed one page.
These documents can be mailed directly, faxed to: (416) 979-4944 or sent via e-mail to: email@example.com as an attachment.
- Official transcripts of all previous university and other post-secondary education.* Transcripts must be sent to the Admissions Office directly from the issuing institution in a sealed envelope. University of Toronto students applying to the dentistry program do not need to send their official University of Toronto transcripts. We will download them from ACORN.
*Applicants seeking admission on the basis of official documents that are in a language other than English must submit photocopies of their original documents attached to notarized English translations. In addition, applicants must arrange for an official transcript to be forwarded directly to the Admissions Office from the institution(s) attended by the application deadline.
- Official DAT score report. Applicants must request original DAT scores to be sent to the Admissions Office directly from the CDA or ADA.
- Official CASPer test score report.
- Proof of English facility (if applicable) sent directly by the testing agency to the University of Toronto.
International students are eligible to apply to the dentistry program.
Please mail admission documents to the following address:
Faculty of Dentistry
124 Edward Street, Room 104
Toronto, ON M5G 1G6