Undergraduate Summer Research Program
The Faculty of Dentistry offers a Summer Research Program, available to undergraduate students from all Canadian dental schools. Through this program, summer students gain experience in laboratory and clinical research. Every year, several competitive travel awards are also available, which fund summer students’ travel to international research conferences.
2019 Summer Student Program
PI's: The Information You Need:
If you are a Principal Investigator (PI) and are interested in working with a Summer student, or a student and interested in participating in the Summer Student Program, please see information and applications below:
- Call for projects: Deadline is January 25, 2019 to submit your applications.
- Information on the program for PIs can be accessed here.
- A copy of the PI Project application form is available for download here.
- Last year's supervisors and projects can be found here.
Students: The Information You Need
Call for applications to the Summer Research Program 2019- Deadline is March 1, 2019 to submit your application.
- Find information on the application process here.
- Download the application form, "Student Application Form for Employment in the Summer Research Program 2019."
- Abstract Deadline for Presentation Day: August 16, 2019. All student abstracts are due on this date (no exceptions). Abstract template will be uploaded.
- Presentation Day: August 23, 2019. A checklist is available to ensure that every student is prepared for Presentation Day. A detailed itinerary will be sent out to the students a week prior to the presentation day.
Please Note: If you want to receive updates regarding the program, please send an e-mail to Ms. Leah Raz at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, write "Summer Student Mailer 2019" and in the text, make sure to add your name, last name, gender and e-mail address.
Summer Research Opportunities in China
Interested in working in a research lab in China this summer? We have two available PI projects in Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan affiliated with our Summer Research Program. For possible funding opportunities regarding travel and accommodations related to these projects, please send inquiries email@example.com .
Deadline to apply is March 8, 2019.
Summer Research Opportunity at SickKids (Summer 2019)
This summer student research position will involve recruiting and consenting patients for prospective clinical research studies in the Department of Dentistry at SickKids. It will also include collecting questionnaires, collecting data, entering data into a REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) database, and cleaning data for statistical analysis. It would be especially advantageous if the student has experience with participant recruitment and consent. The start date is negotiable. Applications will be accepted until March 1st. Please contact Nicole Sidhu directly at Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions regarding this Summer Research Opportunity.