Health and training requirements: protecting your future patients

Before you register for your DDS or graduate studies with clinical training, you need to provide us with some health-related information.

Immunizations and x-rays

We need to receive, before registration day, proof of:

  • a current Tuberculin Test and/or negative chest x-ray (you need to do this every year)
  • evidence of current immunization against Rubella, Tetanus, Polio and Hepatitis B.

First aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training

Before registration, you need to complete (within the last two years):

  1. A Canadian Red Cross Society or St. John Ambulance course in First Aid (or its equivalent); and
  2. A BLS/CPR Basic Rescuer course.

We do not offer these courses at the Faculty so you will need to source a supplier.