Faculty of Dentistry Alumni Association
All graduates of the University of Toronto Faculty of Dentistry are automatically enrolled in the Faculty of Dentistry Alumni Association (FDAA).
Currently, the FDAA has over 8,300 members living across the globe.
The FDAA acts as a liaison between the University, the Faculty, and our alumni community. We're here to keep you connected.
Our goal is to bring together our great alumni through a variety of exciting engagement opportunities. We're committed to creating positive and fulfilling experiences for all.
The FDAA Board of Directors
The FDAA operates through a Board of Directors.
Our constitution governs operations and outlines the structure of our board, the role of our members, policies, procedures, the conduct of our meetings, and other related matters.
The Board of Directors is a working volunteer board.
- are important ambassadors for the Faculty and our alumni, both on and off-campus.
- serve as advisors and work closely with the professional staff of the Faculty of Dentistry's Advancement Office.
- are expected to participate in board meetings (in-person and/or remotely), to attend events throughout the year, and to be actively engaged in working groups and initiatives.
Currently, the Board of Directors is accepting applications for new members.
See below for a full listing of our current vacancies and detailed position descriptions.
Composition of the Board
- Vice President
- Immediate Past President
- Board Members
- Associate Members
- Members at Large
- Ex-Officio Members
- Social Media, Marketing and Communications
- Outreach Coordinator
Members of the FDAA Board of Directors are expected to:
- Attend a new member orientation ahead of their first board meeting
- Attend all board meetings (4 per year) in-person or remotely
- Participate in all conference calls convened between meetings
- Attend at least three official functions annually (i.e. mentorship events, alumni receptions and cocktails, graduation events)
- Contribute their talents and skills to support the Faculty of Dentistry and the FDAA in achieving their goals and objectives