This is part of our postgraduate education: MSc or PhD program with specialist clinical training.
Dr. Carlos Quiñonez
|Length of program||
MSc: 2 years (minimum)
PhD: 5 years (minimum)
Application window: April 1 – January 15
Interview notifications: Late February
Program start: First week of September
|Number of spaces available across MSc and PhD||5|
|Main teaching team|
In this program, you will learn about evidence-informed oral disease prevention and oral health promotion at the individual and population level.
Through formal didactic courses, seminars, practicum placements, and research training, you will learn about foundational public health disciplines, including:
- the social determinants of health
- health economics
- health policy
- health administration.
How you will spend your time
(on average, may vary from year to year)
What this program enables you to do
The program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada and the Commission on Dental Accreditation in the United States through a reciprocal agreement.
Completion of this program will allow you to take the:
- National Dental Specialty Examination (the National Dental Examining Board of Canada)
- Fellowship Examination (Royal College of Dentists of Canada)
- Diplomate Examination (American Board of Dental Public Health)
If you are a dental hygienist
You can apply for this MSc program as a dental hygienist if you hold:
- a four-year undergraduate dental hygiene degree from a recognized university, or
- a four-year undergraduate degree from a recognized university and dental hygiene training.
How to apply
Follow the standard application process on How to become a specialist dentist.
If you are applying at PhD level
If you are applying for this program at the PhD level, you need to identify an area of research and contact a faculty member before you apply to determine if they are accepting PhD students for supervision.
- See the application process for Graduate studies without clinical training for tips on writing a research statement of interest.
- Search for Faculty members by name or research interests.